Is this the ultimate camping trailer
I know that when I’m thinking of getting off road it’s great to have some luxury and one luxury is having some great kit I can rely on no matter what’s thrown at me. Over the years I’ve looked at a lot of off road trailers and dreamed of the place I could go with a decent one on the back of my LR Defender, I came across this recently and dreamed some more.
The amazing thing about caravan/trailers like this is their hybrid ability to grow, they’re like transformers, in this case morphing from a trailer into a house!
The UEV-490 has a body shell made from electro-galvanized steel and exudes toughness with a steeply swept-up rear for the best in departure angles. The patented independent suspension system ensures impeccable weight distribution with its inherent strength lying in the chassis. Masterfully balanced, the UEV-490 is effortless to tow on road and legendary off the beaten track.
One of the great things about the trailers is that they have a door on either side so it’s easy to access the inside and it’s a trailer/caravan that can be used anywhere in the world with it’s ambidextrous layout. I also love the slide out draws and utility areas. The Commander also has a hard roof and because nothing folds out or touches the ground setup and packup in sandy, muddy or dusty conditions is quick and easy. The streamlined tent design uses minimum poles, pegs and ropes.
Main Features and Specifications
The Conqueror Commander is packed with features & it will take you anywhere your 4×4 can take it.
Chassis and Suspension:
- 50mm ALKO coupler
- 16″ alloy wheels fitted with
- 2 45/70/16 AT tyres
- Galvanized chassis
- Highlift jack points
- Spare wheel carrier serving as extra stub axle
- Rear trailer stabilisers
- Independent suspension system & Tough Dog shock absorbers
- Mud flaps
- LED tail lights
- Mechanical Breaking System
Battery, Electrical and Power Systems:
- 2 x Hella plugs
- Intelligent Power pack 20A 14.5 V
- Dual 100 Ah AGM battery with battery charger
- 15Amp power charging cord for battery charging from 240v power point
- 12V charging via 50amp Anderson plug
This top of the range model boasts fully equipped living facilities. Additional innovative features include the interior pressurizing blower to keep the dust out, high-lift jacking points and spare wheel, complete with hub and bearings, for additional security when going off road to remote destinations. Families will fall in love with this truly ultimate off-road luxury camper.
Comfort and Sleeping:
- Queen bed/twin single beds, & fold out double bed
- 2 x Conqueror Linen sets (2 fitted sheets, 4 pillows + covers, 1 doona inners + covers)
Modular bathroom sliding rail with vanity sink
Kitchen and Camping:
- Modular kitchen and fridge sliding rail
- 90L National Luna freezer/fridge
- Wash basins and bracket Cutlery & crockery set
- Dometic stainless steel 2 plate stove
- Aluminium camping table
- Aluminium nose box storage
- 2 x rear storage compartments
- Groceries cupboard
- 2 x utility bags fitted in main door
- Inside storage cupboards with canvas doors
- Bathroom cupboard 2 x jerry can holders
- 2 x military grade jerry cans
This trailer will sleep 4 people in what looks like lots of comfort, obviously the only way to know will be to get hold of one for reviewing or for one of you to let us know what you think if you’ve got one.