Here at Outdoor Revival we’re always on the lookout for good gear, innovative ideas and sometimes just plain ‘Oohhh, that’s shiny!’. We spotted the Firebiner and thought it was cool enough to look at further and tell you all about it. It’s a crowd-funded project on Indiegogo so you have the opportunity to get them at a cheaper price if you support the project.
Who doesn’t love a good carabiner? What can your “biner” do? Can it open bottles? Cut cord, string, whatever? Tighten or loosen screws? Hang keys from a separate slot, out of the way of the main clip area? Start a fire? Really, the Firebiner starts a fire. I promise. Check it out.
Firebiner: Your everyday-carry survival carabiner.
We all love a good carabiner. We use them to clip our keys, our camera, our water bottle, or a myriad of other products to our backpacks, to shelves, to fences, to belt loops or to whatever we need at the moment. You want your carabiner to be strong, lightweight and maybe have some other functionality like a bottle opener.
The Firebiner is all that PLUS it has the ability to make fire easily with the patent-pending EverSpark technology. It has a titanium-coated stainless steel body construction rated for up to 50 pounds of gear (not for climbing or hanging anything with a beating heart). And, don’t forget the small utility blade. We even designed in a screwdriver tip for the next round of prototypes.
The right design and the right material
- Very strong stainless steel construction with up to 50 lbs capacity (still testing)
- Extremely durable titanium coating
- Lightweight, only 1 oz
- EverSpark spark wheel technology to help start fires easily
- Replaceable ferro rod, with extra rods
- Utility/safety blade to easily cut paracord, fishing line, string and much more – stainless steel, replaceable
- Bottle opener
- Hang slots to connect keys or anything else with an appropriate ring or clasp
- Strong, thin, stainless steel wire gate that stays closed but is easy to open when needed
- Screwdriver tip to be added on next round of prototypes
- 5 colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Silver & Red/Blue Metallic
The Firebiner isn’t just for survival; it’s for everyday use. We are Outdoor Element, but you have our permission to go indoors as well. The Firebiner helps create fire, so be careful and responsible (you can thank our lawyers for that one).
If you have any comments then please drop us a message on our Outdoor Revival facebook page
We love this sort of thing on Outdoor Revival and we’ll be bringing you a lot more of it over the coming months, if you’ve seen something cool you think we should tell our readers about then let us know, or if you have a good story or blog let us know about it on our FB page, we’re also happy for article or review submissions.