From personal experience, I can say that it’s very important to travel as much as you can in your late teens and 20s. Why? First of all, it’s the period of your life when you’ll have the freedom and time. It’s also the time when you have the most energy, thirst for adventure, and the will to explore.
Traveling at a young age helps you realize what you want to be, and who you are. Traveling to different places will prepare you for the major life decisions you’ll have to make in your future: education, marriage, career, kids, and will build your attitude towards social problems, things that could impact the rest of your life.
Research continually shows that traveling not only makes you happy but also satisfied and fulfilled. According to recent statistics, students who travel abroad are almost twice as likely to complete a college degree as their home-bound peers, and they also report earning higher incomes by more than 40% compared to their peers.
Although traveling can be expensive, there are ways to do it cheaply and easy. If you do it right, it can be the most fruitful experience of your entire life. If you manage to complete all of the things on the list bellow before you turn 30, I guarantee you that you’ll have a pretty dope life.
So, here is a list of 25 excellent soul-searching experiences you have to try. All you need to do is grab a pen and paper and start planning your next adventure.
1. Climb to the astonishing Tiger’s Nest Monastery in Bhutan
2. Test your limits and swim in Palau’s Jellyfish Lake, between thousands of golden jellies
3. Bungee jump off a massive cliff in New Zealand and get your adrenaline pumping
4. Walk alone on the Great Wall of China
5. Hike in the Himalayas, and see the world from another angle
6. Search for America’s most terrifying tornados with a storm chaser
7. Go on an off-the-road race through savannahs in Kenya on a “Rhino Charge”
8. Go surfing at Bondi beach, and feel the real power of the ocean
9. Try rafting through the rivers in Laos
10. Be part of a human tower in Catalonia, and feel the best of their culture
11. Hike the 26-mile Inca Trail and from the top to see the magnificent Machu Picchu
12. Feel the jungle and zip-line through the forests in Costa Rica
13. Skydive above the Great Barrier Reef, and enjoy the breathtaking views
14. Party wild at the Burning Man festival
15. Swim among the great white sharks in South Africa, and see them in their natural habitat
16. Backpack in Yosemite National Park, and get inspired by the giant trees, great peaks, roaring rivers, and breathtaking landscapes
17. Climb Hawaii’s 3,922-steps “Haiku stairs,” and feel like you’re on top of the world
18. Let everything go and feel the color madness at India’s Holi festival
19. Take a road trip with your friends through the USA
20. Walk across the amazing Baikal Lake
21. Lose yourself on the streets of New York, the “concrete jungles, where dreams are made of”
22. Get a creative boost at the Nowhere festival in Spain
23. Take the most amazing photos at the impressive salt flats in Bolivia
24. Get a fabulous hat and some glitter, and have a blast in the Carnival, Rio de Janeiro
25. Hike through the Sossusvlei desert in Namibia, and test your survival skills
Don’t let this list be your limit, these are just a few picks of amazing adventures. Each day plan your own amazing, wild, and life-changing trip.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, leave the worries behind, go have the adventure of a lifetime.
If you have any comments then please drop us a message on our Outdoor Revival Facebook page
If you have a good story to tell or blog let us know about it on our FB page, we’re also happy for article or review submissions, we’d love to hear from you.
We live in a beautiful world, get out there and enjoy it.
Outdoor Revival – Reconnecting us all with the Outdoor